What is process automation?
Process automation (also known as Robotic Process Automation, or RPA) lets us use digital technology such as software to accomplish almost any task, workflow or activity we'd otherwise have to do manually. Think of your favourite accounting, marketing automation or batch file processing software.
If you've ever used any of these and saved yourself or your staff hours of work, you understand the value of automation. Forget pulling your hair out writing code, putting in extra hours of manual labour (or adding an employee to your payroll), or spending time on tedious tasks when you could be using your skills elsewhere.
Here are just a few practical applications for process automation:
- Expense tracking
- Data analysis and reports
- Complex calculations and projections
- Flagging transactions for human review or intervention
- Onboarding new employees and customers
Process automation integrates with data science and has many practical uses in the marketing, finance, manufacturing, retail and other industries.
What process automation can do for you
People drive your company's success. With the right tools and processes in place, they can ditch the manual labour and get back to bringing in revenue - the lifeblood of every business.
Software solves everyday problems in business, from compiling an error-free report for a pressing deadline to sending leads and customers the information they need in a timely manner.
Process automation and optimization can help you:
- Save on labour costs by eliminating the need to dedicate staff time to menial tasks
- Integrate legacy systems and new applications to help you get the most out of your software
- Serve customers more efficiently so staff can focus on building relationships and activities that generate value
- Eliminate human error while increasing speed, productivity and efficiency in reports and other data
- Enable other activities in data science and analytics such as reporting and statistical modeling
Why work with us?
Effectively automating and optimizing your processes gives you a solid foundation to build on when it comes to engineering, managing, publishing and learning from your data. We guide you through every step, including helping you to define which areas of your business will benefit most from automation, developing a precisely planned approach and working with you to implement a solution customized to your needs.
Leveraging years of experience in process automation and data science, we find efficiencies in critical areas such as internal communication, marketing, customer service and lead generation, human resources, data collection, reporting, and others.
We can help you:
- Reduce or eliminate time-consuming data-entry activitiesW
- Update or revamp in-house applications that are difficult to use
- Move Excel and other similar applications into web applications that are easy to deploy and use
- Create APIs for software that needs to "talk" to legacy software or new applications
- Integrate software with our mathematical optimization, machine learning and operations research capabilities to create more value from those systems with reduced data handling time
Related skills: Data science is greatly enabled by better process automation.